Authors.com

Authors, Writers, Publishers, and Book Readers

Do you have a person that inspires you and/or your work? Not necessarily another writer. It could be family or friends. In my case I have my husband cheering me on in the background. He's always been my biggest supporter and I love him so much for that! His encouragement always makes me feel like I could do anything. :)

Views: 52

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I dont really have a person that inspires but I think Im gettin one. But something that inspired me recently was a fence I wrote short running scene it was so weird but good. Even a bottle of coca cola inspired me once. It was so weird.
It depends on what i'm writing.
If i'm trying to create a sad or lonely mood, then classic/instrumental/slow music is my choice!
I believe that if i get a bit sad too when i'm writing a sad mood, i can relate with the plot and be more assertive and get better ideas, so the mood can be more realistic!

Kay Elizabeth said:
Do you like a particular kind of music when you're writing Rowen or does it not matter?

Rowen Mahogany said:
I would agree with Andrew.
Music is my best inspiration.
And J.K. Rowling is indeed an amazing writer.
I guess my inspiration would be my best friend Keirsten. She was the one that got me reading books. Then we started hanging out in my back yard tree, altering stories we'd both read. Then we started making up our own stories. Keirsten is my best friend and my inspiration!
That's a good point, Vivi. Inspiration can come from anything and anywhere. I think you just need to be in the right frame of mind to be receptive to it. What came out of the coca cola inspiration?

Viviana Arteaga said:
I dont really have a person that inspires but I think Im gettin one. But something that inspired me recently was a fence I wrote short running scene it was so weird but good. Even a bottle of coca cola inspired me once. It was so weird.
I'd like to know that too. Would you mind sharing your soda masterpiece?

Kay Elizabeth said:
That's a good point, Vivi. Inspiration can come from anything and anywhere. I think you just need to be in the right frame of mind to be receptive to it. What came out of the coca cola inspiration?

Viviana Arteaga said:
lol it was dumb and I eneded up throwin it away.
but the gist was two people fightin over the last coca cola bottle.

Kay Elizabeth said:

Viviana Arteaga said:
Oh my gosh guys I found it!!! I was searchin through my USBs and I found it!!! Here you go:

It was hot. I mean horridly hot.The sun was beatin at my back makin mini rainbows from the sweat that trickled down on it. Insides were no better the ac units and mini fans did nothing but blow hot air that seemed to make Sahara deserts in our lungs. I finally put the phone down after hours on it complainin about the heat to my friends, but I guess nature got back me for startin smack by making me thirsty. I wanted something cold and sweet something that would perk me up from the sluggish mood the weather gave me. I walked into the living room where the rest of my family was at drawn like flies to a pile of poo to the ac unit. Like I said before it was useless to try but there was always hope for small chill.

"What's there to drink?" I asked my mom, hittin my little brothers head to move him from the spot closer to the air conditioning. He flipped me off it peeved me off a little but as I said I'm sluggish.

"I think there's on more bottle of coca cola in the back of the fridge."she mumbled through half open eyes.

Excitement straightened my posture, but from the corner of my eye I saw my brother's exact same reaction. Our eyes meet, watching each other, I started to slowly rise in mirror motions so did he. Soon as our feet completely touched the carpet floor we bolted. From soft thuds to loud slaps we made as we ran from the living room to the kitchen.

My brother got to the fridge door first but I used all my strength and threw my hip at him making him slide on the tiled floor away from the fridge. I throw open the door searching for my wanted treasure. Then I felt a tug at my shoulders, I was yanked back!

"Oh hell no!!" I screeched, ignoring my mothers attempts to tell us to behave, I circled my arms around him and pulled.

Even though I'm older his taller then me but I have more muscle then he. I pushed him behind me and finally saw my cherished carbonated drink. I grabbed it and ran forgettin to close the door. I was halfway to my bedroom where I planned to lock my door and indulge in the greatness that is coca cola when I hit carpet, and I hit it hard. My brother had tackled me from behind! The bottle flew out of my hands!We pushed and kicked on the floor crawling our ways to our trophy fighting each other off if it looked like the other was ahead.

Swear words flew out like pirates with no dignity. As my brother pulled my hair and I was punching him in the ribs a shadow flew by us. Ignored by our bickering. When the snap and the sound of gas bubbles erupting we looked up to see our mother in mid gulp of our drink!

"If you two can't share or behave neither of you are gonna have it." she voiced after she whipped her upper lip of soda.

We groaned in defeat, got up from the floor ,went back to the couches, and sat crossed armed. Blaming each other through squinted eyes.

Lol what do you all think!!??
Haha! I thought it was absolutely hilarious! Where exactly did you imagine the story to take place? Arizona? And please don't say Texas, because I've lived there, and the summers were just as hot as any of the other three states I've lived in, and currently do live in. And the people there don't wear cowboy hats and herd cattle, either! I'm sorry, it's just, I've had someone make fun of Texans before, and my best friends live there, and none of them have accents. My family in OKLAHOMA uses worse grammer than anyone who ever set foot in Texas. Trust me. Anyway, love the story!

Viviana Arteaga said:
Oh my gosh guys I found it!!! I was searchin through my USBs and I found it!!! Here you go:

It was hot. I mean horridly hot.The sun was beatin at my back makin mini rainbows from the sweat that trickled down on it. Insides were no better the ac units and mini fans did nothing but blow hot air that seemed to make Sahara deserts in our lungs. I finally put the phone down after hours on it complainin about the heat to my friends, but I guess nature got back me for startin smack by making me thirsty. I wanted something cold and sweet something that would perk me up from the sluggish mood the weather gave me. I walked into the living room where the rest of my family was at drawn like flies to a pile of poo to the ac unit. Like I said before it was useless to try but there was always hope for small chill.

"What's there to drink?" I asked my mom, hittin my little brothers head to move him from the spot closer to the air conditioning. He flipped me off it peeved me off a little but as I said I'm sluggish.

"I think there's on more bottle of coca cola in the back of the fridge."she mumbled through half open eyes.

Excitement straightened my posture, but from the corner of my eye I saw my brother's exact same reaction. Our eyes meet, watching each other, I started to slowly rise in mirror motions so did he. Soon as our feet completely touched the carpet floor we bolted. From soft thuds to loud slaps we made as we ran from the living room to the kitchen.

My brother got to the fridge door first but I used all my strength and threw my hip at him making him slide on the tiled floor away from the fridge. I throw open the door searching for my wanted treasure. Then I felt a tug at my shoulders, I was yanked back!

"Oh hell no!!" I screeched, ignoring my mothers attempts to tell us to behave, I circled my arms around him and pulled.

Even though I'm older his taller then me but I have more muscle then he. I pushed him behind me and finally saw my cherished carbonated drink. I grabbed it and ran forgettin to close the door. I was halfway to my bedroom where I planned to lock my door and indulge in the greatness that is coca cola when I hit carpet, and I hit it hard. My brother had tackled me from behind! The bottle flew out of my hands!We pushed and kicked on the floor crawling our ways to our trophy fighting each other off if it looked like the other was ahead.

Swear words flew out like pirates with no dignity. As my brother pulled my hair and I was punching him in the ribs a shadow flew by us. Ignored by our bickering. When the snap and the sound of gas bubbles erupting we looked up to see our mother in mid gulp of our drink!

"If you two can't share or behave neither of you are gonna have it." she voiced after she whipped her upper lip of soda.

We groaned in defeat, got up from the floor ,went back to the couches, and sat crossed armed. Blaming each other through squinted eyes.

lol anywhere hot I think. But I live in tx and I know what you mean. They asked me once if I got to school on a horse....Come on are people really that stupid? But yea its my funniest writing I think and thank you!

Callie Leah said:
Haha! I thought it was absolutely hilarious! Where exactly did you imagine the story to take place? Arizona? And please don't say Texas, because I've lived there, and the summers were just as hot as any of the other three states I've lived in, and currently do live in. And the people there don't wear cowboy hats and herd cattle, either! I'm sorry, it's just, I've had someone make fun of Texans before, and my best friends live there, and none of them have accents. My family in OKLAHOMA uses worse grammer than anyone who ever set foot in Texas. Trust me. Anyway, love the story!
Really? I didn't know people were THAT prejudiced! I mean, how stupid can you be? Human beings suprise me more and more everyday.

Viviana Arteaga said:
lol anywhere hot I think. But I live in tx and I know what you mean. They asked me once if I got to school on a horse....Come on are people really that stupid? But yea its my funniest writing I think and thank you!

Callie Leah said:
LOL! I like it! That reminds me of battling over the last of sodas with my own siblings and I can see my own mother doing that same thing. Nice job Vivi!

Viviana Arteaga said:

Sorry for going off-topic:
It was absolutely hilarious!
I really liked it!
^^
"Swear words flew out like pirates with no dignity."
^That line is just amazing!
Good Job!

Viviana Arteaga said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsored Links

Most Active Members

1. Edward F. T. Charfauros

San Diego, CA, United States

2. RF Husnik

Green Bay, WI, United States

3. Rosemary Morris

Watford, United Kingdom

© 2024   Created by Authors.com.   Powered by