Authors.com

Authors, Writers, Publishers, and Book Readers

Please share what inspires you, has touched you or is in some way memorable for you. I'm very fond of quotes by writers that give me a peek inside their skulls, like this one. :)

Often I'll find clues to where the story might go by figuring out where the characters would rather not go. - Doug Lawson

Views: 328

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Poetry fettered, fetters the human race. Nations are destroyed or flourish in proportion as their poetry, painting, and music are destroyed or flourish. - William Blake
An idea is a point of departure and no more. As soon as you elaborate it, it becomes transformed by thought.
Pablo Picasso

This is certainly true of my last story.
That's a great quote for a new writer like me. Thank you.
Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions.
Albert Einstein

This is one of my favourites.

At the moment I am constructing an imaginary home for Grumphspawn the Great Wizard and it is filled with magical wonders to thrill the reader. Being an Author is such fun.

Author'com needs a 'Like' button.
Sean Noonan said:
Albert Einstein

At the moment I am constructing an imaginary home for Grumphspawn the Great Wizard and it is filled with magical wonders to thrill the reader. Being an Author is such fun.
Yeah it is! :) If only your imagination would come true, it sounds so much fun!

Sean Noonan said:
Albert Einstein

In the real world, those of us who are most productive, successful, and satisfied focus not on fixing feelings or manipulating thoughts, but on what needs to be done—and then doing it—no matter what thoughts or feelings arise. - Dan Millman, author of Way of the Peaceful Warrior. (Fabulous movie made of this book with Nick Nolte. The movie is called Peaceful Warrior. I'll add a video about it in the Videos section. I'd recommend both the book and the movie.)
Sounds interesting and useful, I will put my paws on a copy.

Kay Elizabeth said:
In the real world, those of us who are most productive, successful, and satisfied focus not on fixing feelings or manipulating thoughts, but on what needs to be done—and then doing it—no matter what thoughts or feelings arise. - Dan Millman, author of Way of the Peaceful Warrior. (Fabulous movie made of this book with Nick Nolte. The movie is called Peaceful Warrior. I'll add a video about it in the Videos section. I'd recommend both the book and the movie.)
The road to success is not to be run upon by seven-leagued boots. Step by step, little by little, bit by bit--that is the way to wealth, that is the way to wisdom, that is the way to glory. Pounds are the sons, not of pounds, but of pence. - Charles Buxton

Yes! Persistence and patience. :)

scribbler said:

The road to success is not to be run upon by seven-leagued boots. Step by step, little by little, bit by bit--that is the way to wealth, that is the way to wisdom, that is the way to glory. Pounds are the sons, not of pounds, but of pence. - Charles Buxton

You're pretending this isn't your life. You think it's going to happen some other time. When you're dead you'll realize you were alive now. - Caryl Churchill

Did you see the video trailer, Sean? It gives a little taste of the book and movie but doesn't come close to showing how good they both are. http://www.authors.com/video/peaceful-warrior-movie-trailer

If you like Richard Bach, you'll enjoy Dan Millman. He really was a world champion and parts of this are based on things that happened in his life. His website is http://www.peacefulwarrior.com/

Sean Noonan said:

Sounds interesting and useful, I will put my paws on a copy.

Kay Elizabeth said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsored Links

Most Active Members

1. Edward F. T. Charfauros

San Diego, CA, United States

2. RF Husnik

Green Bay, WI, United States

3. Rosemary Morris

Watford, United Kingdom

© 2024   Created by Authors.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service