Authors.com

Authors, Writers, Publishers, and Book Readers

........The mind processes the images, the sounds, the illusions and the theories of life.

Whatever surrounds us, our intellect  grasps, it devours.

why?

for the composure of our existence.

Our senses embarks our person, gives our being insight.

insight for a world, I'm not sure any of us could handle.

so why seek out in a world that will always in the end send us into the oblivilon?

hell, even i do not understand.

people say that everyone, EVERYONE is a sinner.

if that is indeed the truth....

then Hell is the finish line for every human who care to exist .

How fair is that theory?

exactly my point.

Death may be the end, but its our memory

that contains our real possession.

of what we seek

we all wish to succeed to be brought to perfection, to be seen as speciman of astounding talents.

Basically, to succeed as a human.

sure, by the time the grim reaper takes us, all our life will ever measure up to is nothing, because since birth, life was meaningless.

we gain so much, just to watch it.

FEEL it, fade away.

But we do all own something in the end

even as your life may be casted out to be swallowed by deaths oblivion,

and your entire mind is crumbled to smithereens of what you once knew

we own something.

we do.

We all own a single chamber of the mind,

a intense and eccentric memory that will forever inscribe itself with such passionate dismay, not in our head.

but to those we  shall leave behind.

we leave behind only that.

only that.

so indeed, for as long as the human race shall exist.

We all, each and every one of us, shall live forever.

not in beings.

But simply by our name.

those of us, here, whom wish to be remembered, tell me why. for what reason. what do u wish for in the end. once ur deed of existing is complete. and what ur meaning is in life.  we all have one. im sure of it . ;)

Write write write. speak now and bless me with thy thoughts.

This is Betty and im OUT!!! See ya!

Views: 157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I absolutely loved your writing entitled: Deaths Enlightenment. You are so very talented, never stop writing Betty. And thank you for being my friend. The one thing I love about Authors.com is all the wonderful talented people you have the pleasure of meeting. And you my dear are one of those special people!

In answer to your question how would I like to be remembered. My replie would be, I'd like to be remembered as a man who was far from perfect, but tried to learn from the  mistakes I'd made along the way. To have been a great and loyal friend to those I met along life's road. A man who served his country in the armed forces, and was proud to serve. A man who tried his best to bring comfort and peace to those he ministered to while serving as a volunteer chaplain for twelve years and preached the gospel of Jesus Christ in a local hospital and nursing home. I'd like to be remembered as a good and loving father to my children and grandchildren. A loving and loyal husband to my wife whom I would be nothing without, and was so fortunate to meet and marry in this life. To also be remembered for writing fictional stories for people to enjoy and to help them forget the stress of their day. Also to be remembered as a man who loved the earth, animals, and nature in all it's beauty. I have so much to be grateful for. And your friendship is one of those, best of luck to you in all that you do. I know you will go far Betty my friend and fellow author.

thanks man. ;) thank u so much. haha, you have no idea how much of a sweet heart u are, ur wife is soooo very lucky. lol this website is so greatly appreciaated. the ppl , everyone sharing the same hobbies, the pact of that bonding us all. I am honored to be ur friend man. ;) Ur a blessing of a man. and i will always remember u. I hope i do go far. and if i do, id be thanking u every step of the way. thanks for sharing ur life with me, ;) its tendar to the heart to vision ones life. Thanks ;)

An intriguing topic this one,I must admit.Our lack of Death's Enlightenment as you call it, is the reason why people engage in the never-ending, desperate, senseless, unfruitful and self-destructive quest for vanity. Our memories are our only possessions that cannot be willed to anyone but can be shared by everyone.

In response to your question, I'd say, I would want the memory of me to serve as an inspiration to others. I'd love  the discouraged , downcast, write-offs and the hopeless hearing my life's story and saying to themselves; " If he could make it, so can I".         

You said it all my friend and fellow author! It's people like you and Betty and all the rest, that make this site so incredibly enjoyable. As Betty said so well the bond we all have is is simply Awesome!!

Yours truly Garry E Lewis 

And once again Miss Damil lets us into that complex and amazingly intrigueing and thought-provoking mind of hers ;)

I once heard someone say (or rather read about someone saying) that when you leave your family, job, school, or even leave the Earth, make sure it mattered you were ever there at all. This intrigued me for two reasons. First, it had been the first line of actual dialect for several pages...Second, it's amazingly true. I believe that everyone is here for a reason, and some people will leave the Earth never knowing or fulfilling that reason at all. Those are the people you see lost and alone in life, mostly people who have made a bad decision that had awful and unexpected repercussions. I don't want to be like those people. I want to know when I'm lying in a hospital bed in seventy or so years that I've done my part and changed someone's life. Ever since I can remember, that's all I've wanted. In fact, I held a bake sale for the red cross when I was only 7 years old. I think of all of the people in my family that I'll never know...great grandmothers, great great aunts and uncles, fourth or fifth cousins...I don't want to be like that. I want to be someone that everyone from now until the end of time will be proud to be related to. Sometimes I remember a day when I was 8 where my Mom told me who Patrick Henry was and that I was related to him. I've always been proud to know that, however distant it may be, I had a blood tie to one of the people who shaped our history in America. I want my grandkids and great grandkids and everyone after that to feel that way about me. I don't want to die knowing all I've ever done is waste air...I want to die knowing I was here for a reason, and that that reason made a difference.

(And yes, while I wrote this I invisioned myself on a podium in front of you all giving a heartfelt speech with tears welling in every eye(; )

hahahah thanks, i totally saw the entire scripted image behind a microphone. lol  very insightful indeed. 

Callie Leah said:

And once again Miss Damil lets us into that complex and amazingly intrigueing and thought-provoking mind of hers ;)

I once heard someone say (or rather read about someone saying) that when you leave your family, job, school, or even leave the Earth, make sure it mattered you were ever there at all. This intrigued me for two reasons. First, it had been the first line of actual dialect for several pages...Second, it's amazingly true. I believe that everyone is here for a reason, and some people will leave the Earth never knowing or fulfilling that reason at all. Those are the people you see lost and alone in life, mostly people who have made a bad decision that had awful and unexpected repercussions. I don't want to be like those people. I want to know when I'm lying in a hospital bed in seventy or so years that I've done my part and changed someone's life. Ever since I can remember, that's all I've wanted. In fact, I held a bake sale for the red cross when I was only 7 years old. I think of all of the people in my family that I'll never know...great grandmothers, great great aunts and uncles, fourth or fifth cousins...I don't want to be like that. I want to be someone that everyone from now until the end of time will be proud to be related to. Sometimes I remember a day when I was 8 where my Mom told me who Patrick Henry was and that I was related to him. I've always been proud to know that, however distant it may be, I had a blood tie to one of the people who shaped our history in America. I want my grandkids and great grandkids and everyone after that to feel that way about me. I don't want to die knowing all I've ever done is waste air...I want to die knowing I was here for a reason, and that that reason made a difference.

(And yes, while I wrote this I invisioned myself on a podium in front of you all giving a heartfelt speech with tears welling in every eye(; )

Why thank you! :) *Bows

Betty Damil said:

hahahah thanks, i totally saw the entire scripted image behind a microphone. lol  very insightful indeed. 

Callie Leah said:

Callie - I could see you at the podium - and the tears were in my eyes.  :)

Betty - You are one INTENSE Lady! That was very thought provoking.

haha indeed so? can u believe i wrote that off the top of my head? i was in a strange state of mind. ha thanks, i consider that a compliment indeed. amd go callie! lol encore! 

Stacy Eaton said:

Well Done Betty...

Betty Damil said:
haha indeed so? can u believe i wrote that off the top of my head? i was in a strange state of mind. ha thanks, i consider that a compliment indeed. amd go callie! lol encore! 

Stacy Eaton said:

Thank you, thank you both! *Bowing and waving to the adoring crowd* ;)

Haha, and Betty, you know she's right!

Betty Damil said:

Stacy Eaton said:

I have a bit about a celebration of those who have 'passed on' coming up in one of my adventures so these comments are good to see. Thanks everyone.

I know I don't deal well with death, particularly since the death of my father several years ago. It's not something I have ever expressed in words, but it is something lurking deep inside me that causes bubbles of confusion to erupt upon occassion. --- I am wondering how well I will deal with the coming episode in my fourth book. I hope I do the subject justice, bearing in mind its an adventure suitable for younger children.

I have never contemplated what legacy I will leave behind before, being content with a great life and lucky enough to have fun, love and companionship. but now I am writing, then yes I wonder how future generations will view my work. Time will tell.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Authors.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service