Authors.com

Authors, Writers, Publishers, and Book Readers

Being I'm a fan of dark fantasy, lovecraftian horror, and deconstructive tropes, I can write some brutal and gritty works that take the ideal fantasy image and tear it to shreds. My D&D game for instance has some very gruesome themes, graphic descriptions of violence, and some brutal acts against humanity in general. Especially if Demons are involved (which they usually are).

If my mother knew HALF the stuff I wrote I would be found hanged in the woods and nobody would be able to convict her if they read the other half. I have subverted so many tropes it makes my setting come off as crapsack utopia when I press the "Do not press" button.

Views: 178

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Callie - does she do the Beat reading for you?
I don't let anyone see anything I'm working on on the grounds of "Oh piss off you just want it before everyone else."
I was very uncomfortable at the thought of my relatives reading my novel because of the sex scenes and violence. But they wanted to read the book since they are all so proud of me, and I was amazed when my granddad read it (he has never read a book in 50 years of marriage to my nanna!). Better still, he said he loved it! I cannot imagine my grandparents or my mother enjoying a paranormal romance about vampires and werewolves, with women enjoying wild sex and some gory violence thrown in. It was certainly a shock to me! My mum is only part way through my book so far, and she tactfully hasn't said anything about the content...
Catherine - they can be very tactful can't they!!! lol.....  I'm not surprised about your grandparents enjoying it.  I know my aunts all loved it - and they don't read paranormal either. I need to check out your books.
Pen names. I have 2 pen names that should tell anyone the whole story. I heard of another writer who writes two different versions. Which has me wondering.  Why can't you write a nice sweet one and the one you have to write and publish them both. Can you plagiarize yourself?   : )
hahahha - good question!!!

Lisa Day said:
Pen names. I have 2 pen names that should tell anyone the whole story. I heard of another writer who writes two different versions. Which has me wondering.  Why can't you write a nice sweet one and the one you have to write and publish them both. Can you plagiarize yourself?   : )

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsored Links

Most Active Members

1. Edward F. T. Charfauros

San Diego, CA, United States

2. RF Husnik

Green Bay, WI, United States

3. Rosemary Morris

Watford, United Kingdom

© 2024   Created by Authors.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service