Authors.com

Authors, Writers, Publishers, and Book Readers

How many of you have multiple works in progress?  Are they all the same genre? How do you divide your time between them?

Currently, I have 4 WIP's.... sounds like alot huh?  Right now I am thinking that too!  As my second book just went back to my publisher for the formatting (after 13 hours of editing, my eyes are still crossed) I find myself looking at all the projects I have in the works.

One project is about half way through - but I had come up with a snag in the plot and I got frustrated so I put it on the back burner.  Recently, as I find myself mulling over the issue, I think I found the way to work through my snag... but.... There is a more recent project that I started that I was working hard on.  As soon as I figured out how to work through the other issue, I lost my train of thought on the new one. 

Then there is the other book that I am working on with another author.  Now that one is a huge project that will be in the making for a long time, but we are throwing ideas back and forth and running plot ideas and twists back and forth.

Then there is book 3 of my series (the second book is about to be published).  After reading book 2 - and coming back to those characters I find myself running that plot hard and heavy in my mind.  Conversations and characters building.... 

I'm at a loss right now as to exactly what I should be working on.  I think I have so many things in the works that I am befuddled as to which one to go to next. 

Anyone else get themselves in this situations?  How do you work through them?

Views: 1551

Replies to This Discussion

So nice nice news for every author! Congratulations, Stacy and I wish many, many readers to your book!

Stacy Eaton said:
OK - have to share..... Got word from my publisher this morning.. Book 2 has been published - and Amazon is currently uploading the kindle version! SHould be live tomorrow!  I feel like having my second book published makes me feel more like a real author!!!  SO EXCITED!

Hi Robert,

I copy-paste my post here just in case:

Hi to everyone!

I can share the answers I have received from the bloggers, with whom I made interviews to promote my book. In the most interesting one is described the next case: the readers should complete a very short story with three-five sentences. This "game" gathered a bunch of participants. Obviously they enjoyed it very much. Here is the start of the blogger's "game":

"It's a dark and stormy night...you're alone in the house...there's a knock at the door...you open it, look out, and proceed to scream like a little girl/boy (they kinda scream the same anyway). What's on the doorstep?" /from here the readers continue and their responsences are very variable, from a cosmic guest on the doorstep to the most hated their neighbour or it all is part of somebody's nightmare... The result is very fun, indeed and therefore I like this "game" most for now./

I consider my beginning to be a snippet from my story, which the readers could complete and the end to learn how it happened in the book itself.

I still hope to receive any other tips to use :)))))

Borislava Borissova said:

Yes, I did it in answer of Kate Elizabeth message:

Borislava, I've posted this in a separate thread for you on the forum because your question will get lost in this big thread.  Hopefully you'll get more seeing it there that may be able to help.

http://www.authors.com/forum/topics/any-experience-of-making-games-...

Robert L. Allen said:

I don't know where you typed that in, I couldn't find it. Was it in Author's.com?

Robert, Stacy, Kay Elizabeth and all others friends here,

I published a message on the link offered by Kay Elizabeth. I hope we will continue the discussion there.

Stacy Eaton said:

Borislava - Hey - we are all here to help each other!!!!
Stacy that's awesome!!! So excited for you!! *BIG HUGS* Yes, what's the link?

Here is the link Amy!!!  I've been doing the little happy dance all day! Smiling to myself as I'm driving - got an extra hop in my step! 

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Blood-Life-Book-ebook/dp/B005R0S8EI/ref=...

Thank you!! I do too!  lol...

So nice nice news for every author! Congratulations, Stacy and I wish many, many readers to your book!

Stacy Eaton said:
OK - have to share..... Got word from my publisher this morning.. Book 2 has been published - and Amazon is currently uploading the kindle version! SHould be live tomorrow!  I feel like having my second book published makes me feel more like a real author!!!  SO EXCITED!
Friday evening I still do not going to sleep, I am behind the computer and to do some extra work and enjoy with shared emails. So I tagged your book and hope this helps, Stacy. The resume sounds interesting and now as jedi say: "Let force be with you!" :))))))

Stacy Eaton said:
Thank you!! I do too!  lol...

Stacy Eaton said:
Thank you Borislava!!!!
I got it! *happy dance* I'm so excited to read it, congrats again Stacy :0)

Stacy Eaton said:

Here is the link Amy!!!  I've been doing the little happy dance all day! Smiling to myself as I'm driving - got an extra hop in my step! 

Wonderful! Wonderful! Wonderful! I'll bet you are on top of the world...Good going...

Stacy Eaton said:

Dear friends,

On 15th October from 11:00am-2:00pm EST on the Chatters E-loop Catherine Green and Borislava Borissova will co-host a chat titled: Love and Other Dreams in Books on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/karenfindoutaboutnewbooks.There will be interesting discussions, games and the award for the readers - A Kindle copy of the book "Affairs of The Heart".

You are very welcome to register and enjoy the event!

OMGOSH!!!  Thank you amy!  Can't wait to hear what you think of it!!!  YEAH!! happy dance on my side too!

Amy Manemann said:

I got it! *happy dance* I'm so excited to read it, congrats again Stacy :0)

Stacy Eaton said:

I clicked on the link  - it said it didn't exist???? 

Dear friends,

On 15th October from 11:00am-2:00pm EST on the Chatters E-loop Catherine Green and Borislava Borissova will co-host a chat titled: Love and Other Dreams in Books on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/karenfindoutaboutnewbooks.There will be interesting discussions, games and the award for the readers - A Kindle copy of the book "Affairs of The Heart".

You are very welcome to register and enjoy the event!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Authors.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service