Authors.com

Authors, Writers, Publishers, and Book Readers

Hey, all. I'm Dave and I've been dabbling in the world of creative writing for a while with colossal lack of success. I find my biggest problem is I have so many ideas that when I'm at most a couple of chapters into a story, I come up with something completely different, get started on that and never come back to the previous story. What's even worse is when I come back to re-read what I'd already written, I think that's terrible and delete it. 

I do however have infinite fun doing the little writing exercises that I find littering the internet. Most of my little jaunts seem to generally be up to ten pages long and seem to be rather entertaining to re-read. Do you guys think I should give up on trying for the book and stick to the super short stories or do you think there's hope for me yet to actually see a cover around one of my idea?

Thoughts, opinions, advice? Anything would be welcome. If you like, I could even blog a couple of my writing exercises so you can have a look at my writing style and let me know if there's hope for me yet.

Views: 60

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Actually, another quick question, folks... Is it uncool to blog short stories?

I'm not sure about that one, Dave. I blogged a quick article the other day, that I thought might be amusing and no one has jumped on me yet...LOL, but as a newbie myself, not yet sure of blog etiquette.

As your newest Authors.com BFF, I'd read it and send my thoughts, for what they are worth.

Best,

Nolah

Dave Ronnert said:

Actually, another quick question, folks... Is it uncool to blog short stories?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsored Links

Most Active Members

1. Edward F. T. Charfauros

San Diego, CA, United States

2. RF Husnik

Green Bay, WI, United States

3. Rosemary Morris

Watford, United Kingdom

© 2024   Created by Authors.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service