Authors.com

Authors, Writers, Publishers, and Book Readers

Do you write or read about werewolves, vampires, angels or demons?  Tell us what you write - what you read and what you like!

Views: 375

Replies to This Discussion

Ooh she sounds an interesting and volatile character Catharina! I would certainly be interested in reading a story like that... It might be a bit complicated to explain, but then I suppose that adds to the intrigue and gives you plenty of scope for description and content. Go for it, see what happens.

Thanks Catharine - hey! Our names are very similar! lol

I'm happy to read you like the premise of one of the stories I'm currently preparing for e-publishing. I'll be sure to post excerpts of it here.

Thanks for the welcome and the compliments, Catherine. I really appreciate it.

Warmest,

Catharina

Catherine Green said:

Ooh she sounds an interesting and volatile character Catharina! I would certainly be interested in reading a story like that... It might be a bit complicated to explain, but then I suppose that adds to the intrigue and gives you plenty of scope for description and content. Go for it, see what happens.

You are welcome, and yes, I got confused writing my reply to you before because of our names! We are all here to help and support each other, and I believe in being honest about my opinions of other people's work. I expect only the same in return. Good luck with the publishing and keep us posted.

Hey Everyone - so glad to see people chatting in here. 

Gary so sorry to hear about your mother - I do know how hard that is!  She is in a better place now!  Hugs to you!

been busy working on way to many things hope everyone had a great holiday -

Happy New Year~!

I am new to writing and am working on a tale that involves demons and the dead and their interactions with humans.   Funny thing, I get inspiration from listening to Michael Jackson's Thriller.

Sounds like fun! Oh I love Thriller, it always gives me lots of inspiration too. Feel free to shout up if you need any help as you go along...

I have been writing such kind of stories for years, sophisticated horrors are my favorite, stories involving worst serial killers, vampires and a lot of mysteries. My TV series, a mysterious coffin, involves a lot of-to create two an imaginary worlds, totally different from each other

I'm a seventeen year old, recent graduate and my book is called Innocent Destruction. The book is mostly about demons and angels. The second part of Innocent Destruction has demons, angels and zombies in it. My book even has to have a rating because of how violent it is. My book is on the best sellers lists as well. If you would like to know more about my book or myself, feel free to google Innocent Destruction by Brittany Bradigan and you can see it all for yourself.

Greetings.  Nice to meet everyone!

I like ghost stories, probably because such stories seem, in some way, so possible.  I like the dark mystery and psychological tension these types of tales bring to the surface.

My favorite writers with a paranormal/gothic tone are Daphne Du Maurier and Phyllis Bottome.

I like to write stories about heretofore uninvented supernatural characters.  Is such and such a character really a witch? or something altogether unique from that familiar label?  I like to stir the cauldron of imaginings a bit and see what comes up.  

I write paranormal suspense.  Ghosts only, though some characters could possibly be considered angels. 

I read about all but I wrote a book about angels and demons. It's also got spirits and a young native american woman with a special gift.

My writing deals a lot with demons, but I have a question: would otherworldly beings based on religion be considered paranormal or supernatural? I've always considered angels/demons to be in the supernatural realm, but other may disagree. In my limited understanding, paranormal creatures are scientifically unproven beings of myth and legend (vampires, werewolves, aliens, etc) but still consisting of matter. Supernatural is something beyond our dimension, connected to Heaven/Hell/Brahman/spirit world/whatever.

In the end, genre dichotomies don't really matter. The only thing that matters is a good story, but I'd still like to know how other authors and readers classify these elements.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Authors.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service