Authors.com

Authors, Writers, Publishers, and Book Readers

Hey, Its betty again! been awhile! i apologize! lol

anyhow, um I'm a Goth for those of u who dont know,all i wear, is Black leather, black boots, gothic doll dresses. and so on..  i get ridiculed, and stared at for being what i am., always get asked the same bloody questions, everytime im near people.

" Do you believe in god?"

"Do you cut yourself?"

"Are you a satanist?"

"Why do you always wear black?"

"are you Gothic?"

My most hated question is

"Are you emo?"

Emos and Goths SHOULD NOT be compared..

Why?

because Emo is just a lame teen trend, that will eventually fade away.

Goth. is life style.

I would love to know what you guys think. i get glares, stares, gawks all the freaken time.

Im use to it, because im never going to change who i am. whether they want me to or not.

so go ahead! yell out , " God loves you!" one more time. so i can give your ignorant ass, the finger! and scream something right back!

Anyway! , lol

Please tell me what you think? what are your thoughts \upon my kind of people?

WE ARE HARMLESS! ........Well, kind of. ;)

Views: 236

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have nothing against goths but some people take it over the edge like contiguously being rude!
Sure I guess you have an image to keep up but don't be inappropriately rude just because you're around "yuppies"!
I maybe basing them on the ones that live here, but Ive meet some from out of town and they are so much more relaxed! And yea they get stares and taunts and gawks but they're like oh well I cant change their mind of me why should I try? Let them go in peace.
Emos..do piss me off though at first I felt sorry for them and then I was like to hell with it!! You dramatized your own damn life! I have those sort of friends they're cool but when they start acting up I just walk away I don't even want to deal with it!
I dress in dark clothing myself and people are like ooohh your goth emo punk etc and I'm like no I just like dark colors! I like a lot of other colors(blue green some pinks purple some yellows red and more) but hey some don't look nice on me so what can I do!

But besides "blaming" the goths its the other peoples fault for judging without asking! You know they shouldn't assume that people are satanist evil gay whatever! The thing is if you don't know the person don't even talk to them unless you have genuinely good intentions such as friendship or curiosity with out judgment.
Kind of eh... LOL. I think when you're young you get away with a lot that you don't when you're older. Wear what you like. It's the time when you should be expressing your individuality loud and clear. You say it's a lifestyle but I've never seen a Goth over forty. Old Goths never die, they just stop buying black eyeliner I guess. :)

I'm just teasing. You do what you want to, girl. I don't believe anyone that dresses differently can do so and not expect attention from it though. You contend you're harmless and yet you say you respond to catcalls with the finger and screaming? Your actions don't reflect your words. Try a sweet smile next time. It'll keep them up all night wondering what you were thinking behind that LOL. :)

Emo..I remember him from Sesame Street. Or was it the Muppet Show... ;)
hahahaha, well first off, i see goths of all ages! yet never a 6o year old emo. lol emo as those highlighted hair,glitter drenched, skinny jean wearing prep dolls. u see nowadays. lol understand? not Elmo the redheaded puppet from sesame street. lol good one though. and well, i only scream back and flick the people who insult me.
like the other day, some dude, looked me over and licked his lips," Damn, i like emos.."
offensive as f***. if u know what i mean.
i hate when they mix up goths with that stupid trend.
By the way, i'm harmless when i want to be.
but once someone gets on my nerves.....
lol but if they dont, all i do i smile and laugh.
Im much too friendly. ;)
scribbler said:
Kind of eh... LOL. I think when you're young you get away with a lot that you don't when you're older. Wear what you like. It's the time when you should be expressing your individuality loud and clear. You say it's a lifestyle but I've never seen a Goth over forty. Old Goths never die, they just stop buying black eyeliner I guess. :)

I'm just teasing. You do what you want to, girl. I don't believe anyone that dresses differently can do so and not expect attention from it though. You contend you're harmless and yet you say you respond to catcalls with the finger and screaming? Your actions don't reflect your words. Try a sweet smile next time. It'll keep them up all night wondering what you were thinking behind that LOL. :)

Emo..I remember him from Sesame Street. Or was it the Muppet Show... ;)
hey griselda! lol yeah your right.
i hate trend followers.
pretty sure and every one of us do.....lol
humans can be so ignorant.

Griselda Parrales said:
well you know me obviously so i have no problem with goths at all (i wouldn't be your friend if i wasn't now would i lol ) but anyways sure i never seen a 60 year old emo but then again the the style of emo changes over years so it kinda hard to tell if there really is such a thing as a 60 year old emo but pretty much i think every rocker whether your emo, goth, or a metal head your gonna get crap the questions you listed are pretty much the same questions i get the only difference i get the are you goth? question and the are you a cutter question those are one of my 2 most hated questions but since there are so many f****** ignorant people confuse emo for goth and goth for emo or whatever it gets annoying and i don't blame you for hating some emos either you know im emo but im not those drammatic emos the drammatic ones are usually the posers (the trend folowers) so for the fault of the drammatic emos aka posers us regular emos get crap too not to mention i get the stares as well lol but yeah i love goth and every other rocker or any different person who wants to be different i think we like people who are different don't you think so ?
I myself am Emo. But I'm not some lameass "Oh my life sucks, Let me slit my wrists and cry in a corner and blah blah blah, everyone hates me, blah blah b*******." I'm not so much as to as dark as a Goth. I have nothing against Goths. I was at one time, a Goth. But then my firends satrted ditching me and my friends were like myloife you know, I cared too much of what other people think. Emo satrted as based upon a type of music genre. Like The band Jimmy Eat World. <-- Which is a pretty gay band, just saying. I did at one time scratch my wrists with a safety pin to get attention from my friends just to start up stuff. Then they all started acting like me and i was like WTF?! I wear skinny jeans, yeah. I like the colors black and blue and purple. But that all started back in the 60's when girls started to wear guy clothes, which back then weren't called skinny jeans, just plain jeans. They were "rebels" gusy grew their hair out, and then as time progressed, people took it overboard. But some people are just roleplaying like i once was.. it was stupid.. I was stupid for trying to just start up drama. But it got better becuz i knew what i was doing was plainly stupid and wrong. I have a good life. But some people dont.. like it can go either way. No one really wants people judging them, so dont judge others.. becuz you feel bad when you get judged and embarressed.. well chances are.. they probably will too. But i have nothing agianst Goths. I fascinate them. I would like to learn more. =)
Thanks M'lady. lol
for such a sweet ass compliment.
ask away if u like.
I truly dont mind.
^.~

Brooklynn Macey Derryberry said:
I myself am Emo. But I'm not some lameass "Oh my life sucks, Let me slit my wrists and cry in a corner and blah blah blah, everyone hates me, blah blah b*******." I'm not so much as to as dark as a Goth. I have nothing against Goths. I was at one time, a Goth. But then my firends satrted ditching me and my friends were like myloife you know, I cared too much of what other people think. Emo satrted as based upon a type of music genre. Like The band Jimmy Eat World. <-- Which is a pretty gay band, just saying. I did at one time scratch my wrists with a safety pin to get attention from my friends just to start up stuff. Then they all started acting like me and i was like WTF?! I wear skinny jeans, yeah. I like the colors black and blue and purple. But that all started back in the 60's when girls started to wear guy clothes, which back then weren't called skinny jeans, just plain jeans. They were "rebels" gusy grew their hair out, and then as time progressed, people took it overboard. But some people are just roleplaying like i once was.. it was stupid.. I was stupid for trying to just start up drama. But it got better becuz i knew what i was doing was plainly stupid and wrong. I have a good life. But some people dont.. like it can go either way. No one really wants people judging them, so dont judge others.. becuz you feel bad when you get judged and embarressed.. well chances are.. they probably will too. But i have nothing agianst Goths. I fascinate them. I would like to learn more. =)
Betty, I'm really disappointed to see you and your friend using the f word here. You know fine well that there are youngsters here and it's a family friendly forum. Your friend has the flimsy excuse of being new but you don't. That gives new people a terrible impression of you. I know you're smart and funny. They won't wait around long enough to find that out.

Griselda, it's not allowed. Period. So don't do it. This is a writers forum. I'm sure you can both be more creative than that. Brooklynn, same goes for you. We behave like grownups around here. If you want to be treated like one, show some respect for the community.

Betty Damil said:
i hate trend followers. pretty sure and every one of us do.....lol humans can be so ignorant. Griselda Parrales said:
well you know me obviously so i have no problem with goths at all (i wouldn't be your friend if i wasn't now would i lol ) but anyways sure i never seen a 60 year old emo but then again the the style of emo changes over years so it kinda hard to tell if there really is such a thing as a 60 year old emo but pretty much i think every rocker whether your emo, goth, or a metal head your gonna get crap the questions you listed are pretty much the same questions i get the only difference i get the are you goth? question and the are you a cutter question those are one of my 2 most hated questions but since there are so many f****** ignorant people confuse emo for goth and goth for emo or whatever it gets annoying and i don't blame you for hating some emos either you know im emo but im not those drammatic emos the drammatic ones are usually the posers (the trend folowers) so for the fault of the drammatic emos aka posers us regular emos get crap too not to mention i get the stares as well lol but yeah i love goth and every other rocker or any different person who wants to be different i think we like people who are different don't you think so ?
What do you mean by lifestyle? When i tried out being a goth, all i did was just wear the clothing. I knew nothing about it, really. Do goths believe in God? Do you worship the Devil, or are you like dont do either? I want to know everything. =) If some stuff is too personal you can email me at calibre_17@live.com =)

Betty Damil said:
Thanks M'lady. lol
ask away if u like.
I truly dont mind.
^.~

Sorry, M'lady.

Kay Elizabeth said:
Betty, I'm really disappointed to see you and your friend using the f word here. You know fine well that there are youngsters here and it's a family friendly forum. Your friend has the flimsy excuse of being new but you don't. That gives new people a terrible impression of you. I know you're smart and funny. They won't wait around long enough to find that out.

Griselda, it's not allowed. Period. So don't do it. This is a writers forum. I'm sure you can both be more creative than that. Brooklynn, same goes for you. We behave like grownups around here. If you want to be treated like one, show some respect for the community.

Betty Damil said:
i hate trend followers. pretty sure and every one of us do.....lol humans can be so ignorant. Griselda Parrales said:
Thank you ladies! :) Apology accepted. Let's move along, shall we. :)

Im really sorry Kay. I'll stop. I shouldnt have used any language like that. Sorry.

Betty Damil said:
wow. lol okay first thing first .

u cant make yourself goth.
alright? thats simply poser.
your are goth, if u are born goth.
but of course no one is born wearing black . ;)
what i mean by being born goth.
even at a young age, your thoughts are dark, twisted away from reality.
Your mind is goth.
and i guess as we age, we grow to love and embrace the darkness.
by werin the clothing that symbolizes it.
No. I am not a satanist. lol i hate being called that.
satanist are a WHOLE another matter, compared to goth.
all our minds are different i soppose. some believe in reincarnation. some believe in becoming a wandering spirit after death. and some believe in living in a whole other world similiar to the netherworld.
our minds create so many ideas of what could happen to our "soul" during our death.
Im christian, ;) love god, respect his ways. (except cussing and going to church all the time...lol etc) an i know he loves me the way i choose to be.
not like there is a dress codeup there. lol
most goths seem to fall in Wicca.
and what that is ,...well hard to explain, they believe in goddesses of elements...i soppose.
unsure, since i dont belive in it.
ask me a question i dont mind . ;)
as u see im very open lol

What do you mean by lifestyle? When i tried out being a goth, all i did was just wear the clothing. I knew nothing about it, really. Do goths believe in God? Do you worship the Devil, or are you like dont do either? I want to know everything. =) If some stuff is too personal you can email me at calibre_17@live.com =)

Betty Damil said:
Thanks M'lady. lol
ask away if u like.
I truly dont mind.
^.~

oh and about the lifestyle prospect. lol
We live our life BEING goth.
there are 40 and 50 year old goths out there.
its a lifestyle.
bt emos...well its just a trend.
HAVE U EVER SEEN A 40 year old emo???

Betty Damil said:
Thanks M'lady. lol
ask away if u like.
I truly dont mind.
^.~

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsored Links

Most Active Members

1. Edward F. T. Charfauros

San Diego, CA, United States

2. RF Husnik

Green Bay, WI, United States

3. Rosemary Morris

Watford, United Kingdom

© 2024   Created by Authors.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service