Authors.com

Authors, Writers, Publishers, and Book Readers

Yes, by popular demand we have an "I'm in chat" thread so we know when anyone feels like chatting. Just leave a reply so people know.  :)

When I say by popular demand that means I wanted one LOL. :) So, right now, I'm in chat. :)

Views: 35

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bruna and I are having a lovely chat! Feel free to join us. :)
Hey Kay!
It's amazing how little rocks can send ripples across giant ponds! I am glad you have taken the helm of generating interest in an open chat. Keep me posted. I would certainly like to participate.
As always,
My Best,
M.
Oh so sorry to have missed this opportunity. I am new here and am crawling around the floor trying to find a place to stand. Have done some writings, but seem to be really confused between flash fiction and short stories. I don't know why I can get my pencil to circle it and bring it close in, but.
Never mind, Sandra! Chat's always open so you can catch up another time. To be honest I'm not sure what the definition would be of flash fiction apart from it's very short. There doesn't appear to be anything set in stone about it. The acceptable word count varies from publication to publication but I'd guess anything between 500 - 1000 words is average.

Okay, try this for size as a comparison: flash fiction would be a photo in an album, a short story would be a page filled with photos in that album, and a novel would be the entire photo album. Does that help? Very simplistic I know but it does give some perspective. Welcome aboard, Sandra. :)

Sandra Hyatt Bausch said:
Oh so sorry to have missed this opportunity. I am new here and am crawling around the floor trying to find a place to stand. Have done some writings, but seem to be really confused between flash fiction and short stories. I don't know why I can get my pencil to circle it and bring it close in, but.
Make sense, I guess I just need comments on what I have written to know if it is a complete story or is it unfinished. Where would I post something like that for comments. It's about 500 words.
You can add it to your blog here (go to Blogs>my Blogs, then Add a Blog Post) or post a thread on the forum, Sandra. Whatever you prefer. :) It's helpful too if you're clear as you were there about what kind of help you're looking for because not everyone will see this post and know.

Make sense, I guess I just need comments on what I have written to know if it is a complete story or is it unfinished. Where would I post something like that for comments. It's about 500 words.
Hey, Sandra!
All things considered, five hundred words is usually considered as an essay or an article. I would suggest that you either expand upon the subject or change its format to suit what you would like to say. The writing is clear and clever, so fear not. Good stuff.
My Best,
M.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsored Links

Most Active Members

1. Edward F. T. Charfauros

San Diego, CA, United States

2. RF Husnik

Green Bay, WI, United States

3. Rosemary Morris

Watford, United Kingdom

© 2024   Created by Authors.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service