Authors.com

Authors, Writers, Publishers, and Book Readers

Hi, I posted a blog about this to so I apologize, I don't mean to spam but please if anybdy is out there can you tell me more about ISBN numbers!? I'm very broke and I can't afford one and apparently it's quite neccecary...

Thank you!

Views: 183

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can self-publish through Createspace, and they will assign you an ISBN. And it's free to set up! just go to www.createspace.com to check it out.

Thank you for the suggestion, dear, but I'm British. Createspace unfortunetely don't really cater to me, they apparently haven't got a UK site. (However, my boyfriend who is also my formatter/editor etc sorts all of this stuff out for me on the technical side so he couldn't find anything)

Robert Ray Miller said:

You can self-publish through Createspace, and they will assign you an ISBN. And it's free to set up! just go to www.createspace.com to check it out.

I don't know if they have a UK site, but before I found createspace, I was using lulu.com and they provide ISBN's as well.

Ahh, I see, I've heard of Lulu but never had a proper look, I'll investigate :) Thank you ^^

Matthew Davenport said:

I don't know if they have a UK site, but before I found createspace, I was using lulu.com and they provide ISBN's as well.

I just read this on Smashwords:

2. FREE ISBN - The best ISBN option.  This option is available to books before (or after) they have been accepted into theSmashwords Premium Catalog.  Select this option to receive a FREE ISBN (Smashwords pays for the ISBN as a service to you). This FREE ISBN is available to all Smashwords authors and publishers, anywhere in the world. The ISBN will register Smashwords as your publisher in the Bowker record and will list you as the author. The designation of Smashwords as the "publisher" in the Bowker record (a result of their limited categorization options), in no way makes Smashwords your legal publisher. Per the Smashwords Terms of Service, which is our contract with you, we consider you the publisher. The Bowker ISBN record has no legal bearing over ownership of your book or copyright.

I know most independent publishing company's offer a free ISBN option, it basically helps book stores locate your titles for sale. There's quite a few of these out there, Smashwords, Createspace, AmazonKDP, the list goes on and on. The one's above I think are the best, along with LuLu. Createspace has been my favorite as far as low cost to the author.

Bowker Identifier Services provides ISBNs. You can buy ten for $125.00 US currency. 

update- book been cancelled twice over payment issues because I can't use paypal, I'm seventeen so it's not physically possible. Also for this reason, US sites are useless to me, sorry, should have mentioned, being paid in cheques on lulu costs the profit from more than two books just to have the cheque converted to GBP. I can't afford to buy an ISBN on it's own; I'm both a student and still looking for a job to throw money at such things, and the situation isn't great at the moment, I could use a company that provides them, and one that doesn't discriminate my age, if anyone knows of any? sorry it's a bit specific. Also I am only interested in the print book, the ebook is sorted but it will come out after the print book.

Hey, how you doing. I'm a twice published author with two books now under P.C. Publishers who have put on some major retailers, Amazon, Waterstones, Barnes and Noble, E Books and they will provide a free ISBN number, plus paperback copy of book that they will send to big disturbers. Lulu were my first choice I choose to publish my books but they will only publish in us format, ie. larger format page then a typical book size that you will find on bookshelf. In short, don't go to Lulu, they will ruin your editorial changes, convert your English text to us and bring out a low standered which won't be available in so many retailers. Plus P.C Publishers they will keep in contact, send you free info and give you an authors discount once you have been published by them. I also had my local library buy a copy and put it on their shelves. Hope this helps! Any comments, happy to hear them on here, my blog, email or facebook. Below are the covers of my published books.

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsored Links

Most Active Members

1. Edward F. T. Charfauros

San Diego, CA, United States

2. RF Husnik

Green Bay, WI, United States

3. Rosemary Morris

Watford, United Kingdom

© 2024   Created by Authors.com.   Powered by