Authors.com

Authors, Writers, Publishers, and Book Readers

This might sound like the most dumb question ever, but can you explain to me exactly how to publish a book once you've wriiten. I need to know the step by step process in detail. Sorry if this seems very unprofessional, I'm just very new in this whole industry. Also, if you could give critique on my story, that would be great. If you are willing, message me and I'll attach the file somewhere.

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There are many routes you can take, Jasmine. That's why it's hard to figure out which way to go. You can submit your work to an agent and see if they will take you on board and find you one for a fee.

You can make submissions yourself direct to publishers too. Make sure you visit their websites and read their submission guidelines. They all have a distinct process they will want you to follow.

You can also self publish or go down the POD route (Print on Demand). There are many, many scammers out there willing to take advantage of new writers. Please do Google the agencies, publishers and so on or ask about them here first before signing up with anyone. Find out how others have rated their experience with them.

What kind of book is it?
Should have added to also consider getting an editor to look at your manuscript before sending it anywhere to anyone.

For more on agents, see this post and for more on organizing a submission campaign, see this post.

scribbler said:
There are many routes you can take, Jasmine. That's why it's hard to figure out which way to go. You can submit your work to an agent and see if they will take you on board and find you one for a fee.
You can make submissions yourself direct to publishers too. Make sure you visit their websites and read their submission guidelines. They all have a distinct process they will want you to follow.
You can also self publish or go down the POD route (Print on Demand).

There are many, many scammers out there willing to take advantage of new writers. Please do Google the agencies, publishers and so on or ask about them here first before signing up with anyone. Find out how others have rated their experience with them.

What kind of book is it?
It's sort of a fantasy mixed in with a tiny bit of romance and realistic fiction.

scribbler said:

You can also self publish or go down the POD route (Print on Demand). There are many, many scammers out there willing to take advantage of new writers. Please do Google the agencies, publishers and so on or ask about them here first before signing up with anyone. Find out how others have rated their experience with them.

What kind of book is it?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Authors.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service