Authors.com

Authors, Writers, Publishers, and Book Readers

I was thinking today about how big the internet is and the vastness of its reach. And then I pondered on how we all find our little corners of happiness on the web. Authors.com is definitely one of mine! So tell me, how did you get here initially and discover our fab community? :D

Views: 1965

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As a publisher and a writer, I wanted to see if there was a place where author's profiles could be centralised. While Authors.com isn't exactly that, it seems to be a very good resource for myself and my authors.

We found this great online community through a fellow writing blogger friend of ours!  Thank you for welcoming us!

Happy Writing,

Tammy & Mike

I just typed in the word authors on Facebook and found a link. I am an aspiring author working on my first novel and trying to learn as much as possible about the business.

Dennis

I was just persuing the internet and there it was, Authors.com

I found Authors.com through a friend. I think it's a great site.

Mandi Slack

Author of The Alias

*kindle for 3.99

www.mandituckerslack.com

Well that's a simple one to answer... You! 

You emailed me and invited me over and I am really very appreciative that you did!

:-) Hugs! 

yes i love to draw, but im clueless on how to put them here and such. lol i have them stored in binders of mine. um my drawings are simliar to my avater, but no i didnt draw it. lol though i think i could if i tried....

Kay Elizabeth said:
Betty, it wouldn't be the same without your enthusiasm around here! Glad you did. :) I wanted to ask you: did you draw your avatar? If so, can I see a bigger version please? I think I remember you saying you liked to draw.

Betty Damil said:
hahaha, well, im 17, pondering on my goals and how to reach them. i typed up authors on google, so i could find info to become one. and TA dA!!!! authors.com reached its arms out to me in a simple link. lol thats my story

I'm a newbie to the publishing world. My first non-fiction book just got published and I started searching for writer forums on the internet to get tips on how to market it. Authors.com was one of the top sites for my search query. And unlike the bigger forums where it's easy to get lost in the crowd, this seemed like a smaller, close-knit community. So I got registered.

I'm also hoping to find some experienced authors (for my blog interviews) who'd be willing to share some insights about the publishing industry. I felt it'd be a good way for me to learn, and share the knowledge with my readers. I realized Authors.com also has a similar initiative, so I wasn't sure if there'd be a conflict of interest in approaching authors on this forum. My guess is, there shouldn't be any. But I felt I should be transparent about it and get the views of folks who are reading this post.

An author friend of mine, Donald Simmons, introduced me to authors.com.  I immediately came on over and started a page!  I am a dedicated writer.  If I go a day without writing and reading, I feel I have not completed my day!  I do not have a book published, YET, but I am working hard and very positive!
Just googled some author sites and stumbled across it.

I recently published my first book in a series, through Kindle, and was looking for advice from the experience of my peers. I googled Authors and found this wonderful site.

I saw a friend Tweet about it! Then I signed up and shared it with one of my Indie Author groups so they could come join!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Authors.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service