Authors.com

Authors, Writers, Publishers, and Book Readers

I was thinking today about how big the internet is and the vastness of its reach. And then I pondered on how we all find our little corners of happiness on the web. Authors.com is definitely one of mine! So tell me, how did you get here initially and discover our fab community? :D

Views: 1965

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My friend, Cyndi Harris told me about it. She and I are both signed with JK Publishing. She mentioned this website to me when we were discussing good places to market our work. I'm very happy with it so far!

-Jessica Lupo

http://www.amazon.com/author/jessicalupo

How I found Authors.com

I had the pleasure of reading a children's story written by Chikeisha Taliaferro. Self published in eBook form for .99 cents. I learned three things. One, never judge a story by the list price. Two, great stories are buried among the indie scene waiting to be discovered. Three, I could design cover illustration for an eBook that an author would love. I went on a hunt for other great stories and naked book covers.LOL I also write for myself, Mostly journaling about things I read or poetry. My newest 'Yay!' was an article I wrote for inclusion in OBM Magazine published by the owners of Truely Unique where my artwork is consigned.

www.pedagogyartstudios.com

I have been making ebook covers for about 3 years now and started doing formatting, publishing, and marketing last year.  One of my authors invited me to this site and it is irony, as I had just published my own first book on  Amazon http://amzn.to/OUxQUJ

I already have plans for at least a few more of my own, and I am helping a couple other people right now in the process. 

Everyone can check out my book for FREE for the next 3 days.  "Judge a Book by its Cover, How to design a great ebook cover"  at Amazon http://amzn.to/OUxQUJ

Please leave a review.  Be honest, I can take it.

I am a newly published author and was looking for ways to advertise my book more and came across this site so I clicked on it and I'm really glad I did. I really like that I'm not the only one out there who is learning what to do and I enjoy reading about other authors.

I saw a link on an email, or website don't rember but looked looked you up on web later. 

site asked if anyone ever wanted to write but did not know where to start, start here so here I am

I heard about Authors.com on facebook

A friend suggested the site to me through Facebook. I started searching and I found authors.com

I used to tell my wife that the internet and emails were like a "super telephone"for women.  She would be playing a game of spades online and chatting while on the land line phone talking with someone else, LOL.  But today she never emails anyone.  Now it's always a Face Book message, and she's using the app on her smart phone where ever we go.  Face Book has put me in touch with so many people from my past who I had lost contact with.  It's amazing!!  Now if I can just learn how to market my novel with it! :)

I decided to utilize the free ebook offer on Kindle for my book.  Then I realized, I needed to do a big marketing push to get the word out that my book had been published and I was going to be offering it for free.  So  I started searching the internet for places where authors hang out and promote their book (smile).  On one of the many sites that were available with information I came across a page on StumbleUpon that listed sites to promote and market your work.  And on the top of that list was Authors.com.

Authors.com was recommended as a networking site in a weekly Newsletter.

I found this website by toggling authors communicate. I am brand new at this and want to get to know Other authors, and see how they went through the process of publishing their book. I hope to eet some positive people!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Authors.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service