Authors.com

Authors, Writers, Publishers, and Book Readers

I was thinking today about how big the internet is and the vastness of its reach. And then I pondered on how we all find our little corners of happiness on the web. Authors.com is definitely one of mine! So tell me, how did you get here initially and discover our fab community? :D

Views: 1965

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I followed a friend, Faith Mortimer, from Twitter.
Hey Prudence - I followed Faith too!
Hi Stacy.  Let's hope Faith knows where she's going. tee hee
I read  a blog post by Seb Kirby and wanted to leave a comment and discovered all this site had to offer.
I saw it on my friends' Facebook wall :)

Hi Kay, I'm new as you know to all this, so give me a push now and then to get me away from the computer to do something other than write. The extra few pounds I've probably gained the last year is that my computer has now become attached to me.  But I'm hoping that by the end of the month to have finished my 2nd novel.  Then I can breath and play...until the next urge to write hits huh? In July, novel #1 BRAIN FILES was published as an Ebook. Now #2 HIDDEN POET is about to get finished. So much to say, so little time. I will have to do a blog  etc but right now no time until the book is done. How to schedule it all in is still my problem...cooking, cleaning, husband wants attention, Navy son home after 8 yrs from the opposite coast, etc etc etc...

Anyway, my publisher/agent/editor friend Larry Larson and fellow writer and editor Chuck Keyes got me involved by sending me this website a couple months ago.  Looks like when I can get some play time I can have a lot of people to talk with about writing!  Yahoo! I'm here, just hiding under my computer. Give a yell!

Congrats to you Kay and Welcome.

Linda Page Wickens said:

Hi Kay, I'm new as you know to all this, so give me a push now and then to get me away from the computer to do something other than write. The extra few pounds I've probably gained the last year is that my computer has now become attached to me.  But I'm hoping that by the end of the month to have finished my 2nd novel.  Then I can breath and play...until the next urge to write hits huh? In July, novel #1 BRAIN FILES was published as an Ebook. Now #2 HIDDEN POET is about to get finished. So much to say, so little time. I will have to do a blog  etc but right now no time until the book is done. How to schedule it all in is still my problem...cooking, cleaning, husband wants attention, Navy son home after 8 yrs from the opposite coast, etc etc etc...

Anyway, my publisher/agent/editor friend Larry Larson and fellow writer and editor Chuck Keyes got me involved by sending me this website a couple months ago.  Looks like when I can get some play time I can have a lot of people to talk with about writing!  Yahoo! I'm here, just hiding under my computer. Give a yell!

A simple answer, really! My publisher said I need to get 'out there' more and 'suggested' that this was a good writer's site for me to sign up to. (Now who would refuse the wisdom of their publisher?)

When Chris speaks, I listen, he knows his stuff. He is magnificent at this technology thing too and so believes that the more 'outposts' we have from the main Upptacka site, the easier it is to develop a presence. He's right of course and once our books can sustain our lives I'll believe it even more!! The biggy for me is next year, when we publish a multi-media apocalyptic novel!

I think it is good, no, wonderful to have a site for writers. Public sites are fine, but sometimes you just want to speak to people in the same language, the language of the writer's experience. We are a peculiar breed, a blessed species who can reveal future hope and redemption in the midst of trial. Writers speak of the future, of the world yet to be. It's great to be amongst family!

Peace,

Geoffx

My writer friend Laura suggested I join and get to know the family of authors that gather here. I have my first e-book coming out and am looking for ways to find that audiennce. I'm new to this, so thank you for having this available for writers like me.

Lyn Miller Lacoursiere

Hi Lyn,

Good to see you up on authors.com! Congratulations on the new book!

Finding an audience?  Well, if you have no investment capital for finding your audience, then it's social media and marketing along with developing online networks. Have a Facebook page for your book and get your friends to like it, get a Twitter account, check out Google+, find people who are into the same things as you and follow them, get a personal website that is about you. (check mine, we've just started so there isn't much up there, but I do think it helps. http://geoffhall.co.uk/ ) Join existing networks, like authors.com, but interests groups too, whatever your e-book is about.

Don't apologise for being different!

Best Wishes,

Geoff

Geoff Hall said:

Hi Lyn,

Finding an audience?  Well, if you have no investment capital for finding your audience, then it's social media and marketing along with developing online networks. Have a Facebook page for your book and get your friends to like it, get a Twitter account, check out Google+, find people who are into the same things as you and follow them, get a personal website that is about you. (check mine, we've just started so there isn't much up there, but I do think it helps. http://geoffhall.co.uk/ ) Join existing networks, like authors.com, but interests groups too, whatever your e-book is about.

Best Wishes,

Geoff

Geoff Hall said:

Hi Lyn,

Best Wishes,

Geoff

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsored Links

Most Active Members

1. Edward F. T. Charfauros

San Diego, CA, United States

2. RF Husnik

Green Bay, WI, United States

3. Rosemary Morris