Authors.com

Authors, Writers, Publishers, and Book Readers

What does it mean when you drop in on your characters, in the very room, and smell the smells and feel the tension, and hear the different voices as the words fly across the room?  Is it okay to be that deeply involved in the story where you become the silent partner, pulled along from place to place, outside feeling the sun on your face or inside a darkened room smelling the air thick with cigarette smoke. Is it alright to be there, and if it is, how long should you stay there?

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are you kidding? That place is amazing. Stay there as long as you like. (Or longer) That place is the Nirvanna for writer's, if you are there then it means that you have reached the ultumate point in your writing career. That place is what most people struggle for all their lives. Embrace it.
I think to write a work that will truly entice and grip readers it has to be utterly believable and if whilst writing you can hear the characters and feel the atmosphere in the room, that is a very good sign that your characters and the scene your trying to create is working!

Isn't the point in reading and writing often to escape reality and slip into another more enticing world?
Exactly, that's one of the only reasons I'll even write a story is to feel that.

Cheryl said:
I think to write a work that will truly entice and grip readers it has to be utterly believable and if whilst writing you can hear the characters and feel the atmosphere in the room, that is a very good sign that your characters and the scene your trying to create is working!

Isn't the point in reading and writing often to escape reality and slip into another more enticing world?
Anything that helps you to visualize them and the setting in as much detail as possible is great. Use any sensory input you can get to help you. As long as you don't start confusing fiction with reality, you'll be fine I think. :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsored Links

Most Active Members

1. Edward F. T. Charfauros

San Diego, CA, United States

2. RF Husnik

Green Bay, WI, United States

3. Rosemary Morris

Watford, United Kingdom

© 2024   Created by Authors.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service