Authors.com

Authors, Writers, Publishers, and Book Readers

Please share what inspires you, has touched you or is in some way memorable for you. I'm very fond of quotes by writers that give me a peek inside their skulls, like this one. :)

Often I'll find clues to where the story might go by figuring out where the characters would rather not go. - Doug Lawson

Views: 328

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

context? lol
well, i guess, i simply came up with it during thught. Its for all goths everywhere! lol
;) kinda based upon deep, dark thought.

scribbler said:
Me too!! Your own "Breathe in the life..." one is my favorite and I'm not just saying that because I'm a suck up. :D What was the context you used that in?

Betty Damil said:
Thank u! lol ;)

Viviana Arteaga said:
I love them all!!!

Betty Damil said:
" Even in Death, may i be triumphant."` Darren Shan
went so well with the storyline of the Cirque du freak books.
here's some i made up
"Breathe in the life, your soul has gathered from the Darkness..."
and um..
"To lie in your grave, truly forces you to embrace the death that awaits you...
....Whether you want it or not, is another matter.."
I love this one from Edgar Allen Poe
"..And all i lov'd- I lov'd alone."
I can relate to that. The best things come to you in the middle of the night, don't you think so? I find that too. And it's never the night that the pen and paper is within reach. I'll trip over my husband and the dogs to get some sometimes LOL.

Betty Damil said:
context? lol
well, i guess, i simply came up with it during thught. Its for all goths everywhere! lol

scribbler said:
Me too!! Your own "Breathe in the life..." one is my favorite and I'm not just saying that because I'm a suck up. :D What was the context you used that in?

Betty Damil said:
Thank u! lol ;)

Viviana Arteaga said:
I love them all!!!

Betty Damil said:
here's some i made up
and um..
"Successful writers are not the ones who write the best sentences. They are the ones who keep writing. They are the ones who discover what is most important and strangest and most pleasurable in themselves, and keep believing in the value of their work, despite the difficulties." - Bonnie Friedman
My favorites are "You can't outgive God" and "When you tell the truth, you don't have to remember what you say."
My gran used to say a similar version of the second one, Alenna. Hers was "if you don't lie, you don't need a good memory." :)

Allena Faye Dulaney said:
My favorites are "You can't outgive God" and "When you tell the truth, you don't have to remember what you say."
I have the exact same problem, it's just a little bit difficult once you hit a spot where you can't think of anything

scribbler said:
I like it. I need to make writing more of a habit than it is. I'm not too bad at getting going. It's keeping going that's hard. :)

Kay Elizabeth said:
Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. - Jim Rohn
hahah i sleep with a notebook and pen in my pillowcase. lol because i imagine parts and dialouge from my book, and since i have bad memory, i write it down before i pass out. My thought become so clear once im alone and unstable within reality.

Kay Elizabeth said:
I can relate to that. The best things come to you in the middle of the night, don't you think so? I find that too. And it's never the night that the pen and paper is within reach. I'll trip over my husband and the to get some sometimes LOL.

Betty Damil said:
context? lol

scribbler said:

Betty Damil said:
Thank u! lol ;)

Viviana Arteaga said:
I love them all!!!

Betty Damil said:
here's some i made up
and um..
Betty Damil said:
hahah i sleep with a notebook and pen in my pillowcase. lol because i imagine parts and dialouge from my book, and since i have bad memory, i write it down before i pass out. My thought become so clear once im alone and unstable within reality.

I've done that too and scrawled down the most brilliant ideas in the middle of the night. Then in the morning I can't read a word of them LOL. I really should take time to make the notes legible. :)
"I would sort out all the arguments and see which belonged to fear and which to creativeness. Other things being equal, I would make the decision which had the larger number of creative reasons on its side." - Katharine Butler Hathaway
wow. lol my handwriting is simply chicken scrawl anyway. lol funny how sometimes i cant read my own handwrting...try keepig a small book light. ;)

Kay Elizabeth said:
Betty Damil said:

I've done that too and scrawled down the most brilliant ideas in the middle of the night. Then in the morning I can't read a word of them LOL. I really should take time to make the notes legible. :)
Heck, I don't want to wake up that much! :) It would just be nice to be able to decipher them. I read this quote today. We're in good company.

"I willingly trust myself to chance. I let my thoughts wander, I digress, not only sitting at my work, but all day long, all night even. It often happens that a sentence suddenly runs through my head before I go to bed, or when I am unable to sleep, and I get up again and write it down." - Simone de Beauvoir

Betty Damil said:
wow. lol my handwriting is simply chicken scrawl anyway. lol funny how sometimes i cant read my own handwrting...try keepig a small book light. ;)

Kay Elizabeth said:
Betty Damil said:

i know right. lol we are not alone. Thank god.
forcing ourselves up out of bed, shows our true dedication to writing. lol

Kay Elizabeth said:
Heck, I don't want to wake up that much! :) It would just be nice to be able to decipher them. I read this quote today. We're in good company.

"I willingly trust myself to chance. I let my thoughts wander, I digress, not only sitting at my work, but all day long, all night even. It often happens that a sentence suddenly runs through my head before I go to bed, or when I am unable to sleep, and I get up again and write it down." - Simone de Beauvoir

Betty Damil said:

Kay Elizabeth said:
Betty Damil said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsored Links

Most Active Members

1. Edward F. T. Charfauros

San Diego, CA, United States

2. RF Husnik

Green Bay, WI, United States

3. Rosemary Morris

Watford, United Kingdom

© 2024   Created by Authors.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service