Authors.com

Authors, Writers, Publishers, and Book Readers

Hi Friends,

I think Book Cover is life of Book and if the cover is dead then the book is dead. What you think?

Fiction and Non Fiction writers has different experience.

What you people think about that?

Also I think the Book Sales is mostly dependent on Covers, share you experience.

Cheers

Izhar

Views: 98

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think a book cover design is crucial to sales. If I see a badly put together one where graphics have just been slapped together with ugly fonts, especially in these days of ebooks, I rightly or wrongly would assume the book content will be the same and rarely look further.

We have a thread on the forum where you can showcase your book cover, Izhar. I think you'd be interested in that.

Sure,

Please advise where Can I do that?

Izhar

Here it is Izhar. It's very interesting because members can share the background to why they designed (or chose the design of) their cover the way they did.

Explain please too what you mean about fiction and non-fiction writers having a different experience.

http://www.authors.com/forum/topics/share-the-story-of-your-book-co...

Book covers are hard to design and nice to look at. An effective book cover manages to catch human’s eye and convey the idea behind the book on one single page. However, it’s getting even harder: to make a book really hard to forget, designers need to design the cover in a unique, creative and striking way.

Very right! But I feel that the author should share something he/she envision about the cover it will help designer to create a unique thing which can create WOW affect and author satisfaction both!

Gil F. Balbuena Jr. said:

Book covers are hard to design and nice to look at. An effective book cover manages to catch human’s eye and convey the idea behind the book on one single page. However, it’s getting even harder: to make a book really hard to forget, designers need to design the cover in a unique, creative and striking way.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsored Links

Most Active Members

1. Edward F. T. Charfauros

San Diego, CA, United States

2. RF Husnik

Green Bay, WI, United States

3. Rosemary Morris

Watford, United Kingdom

© 2024   Created by Authors.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service