Authors.com

Authors, Writers, Publishers, and Book Readers

All Discussions Tagged 'writing' (14)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Back to Basics

Just wondering who uses "pre-writing" techniques! It dawned on me, when my middle school aged son brought home his English homework a coupl…

Started by Nicki Jacobs

1 Feb 18, 2013
Reply by Craig Brummer

Pen or keyboard: where do you start?

Penmanship is falling by the wayside. I was appalled to read news that schools don't consider cursive writing as important as skill as bein…

Started by scribbler

21 Oct 9, 2012
Reply by KIMBERLY

Law of Attraction and Story Ideas

Use the Law of Attraction when writing Stories: Always let your ideas flow freely when writing your story. You can always come back later t…

Started by Warren Brown

0 Jul 7, 2012

School and peer review

I am in high school and i want to know how y'all  Handle all the peer presure because everyone is so critical And the worst part is they al…

Started by Neal D B

6 Jun 1, 2012
Reply by Stacy Eaton

Ever received a rejection letter?

I'm interested in how people feel about them. Even if you never have, please share what you think your reaction would be. I've had a few i…

Started by Kay Elizabeth

7 Nov 23, 2010
Reply by Robert L. Allen

Some constructive criticism please?

Hi everyone! I know I have been a little absent for awhile, (blame university and dissertation research!) but I'm back now, and for the pas…

Started by Cheryl

5 Oct 24, 2010
Reply by Cheryl

Planning stories: is it encouraging or blocking?

Does it help you finish your story or does it just stump you? Personally it stumps me, I like just to write what comes to mind on a story.…

Started by Viviana Arteaga

18 Jun 20, 2010
Reply by Sean Noonan

Winter Holiday Discount

Give a virtual stocking stuffer this year! Our three e-books and "Writing Tips for a Year" are 30% off through January 1, 2010. Visit www.…

Started by David Bowman

2 Dec 31, 2009
Reply by David Bowman

Why do you write?

The first time I was asked this I was a bit taken aback. I thought everyone loved to write! :) But my answer would be it's cathartic. I wri…

Started by Kay Elizabeth

11 Dec 30, 2009
Reply by Viviana Arteaga

I had to go crazy before I could call myself a writer.

I've been asked by a couple of people to talk about what I write, and, although I'm unsure if this is the right place to do so, I thought I…

Started by brokenwhole

9 Dec 21, 2009
Reply by Callie Leah

RSS

Sponsored Links

Most Active Members

1. Edward F. T. Charfauros

San Diego, CA, United States

2. RF Husnik

Green Bay, WI, United States

3. Rosemary Morris

Watford, United Kingdom